It can be super hard to drink enough water in a day, especially now that it’s getting cold outside. I know that drinking at least two liters in a day makes my skin clearer, helps with digestion (read: prevents me from getting constipated), reduces the amount of chapstick I have to wear, and makes me feel better when I work out. Generally, looking at the color of your urine is helpful to determine hydration status, you want it to be a very light yellow color, but another indicator for me is how dry my lips feel. If I find myself wanting to use more lip balm, it means I need to make an effort to drink more water. But ughhhhh water can be SO boring! So here are some things you can put in your water to make it yummy.
One infusion combo that I’ve really been loving lately is to put an orange wedge that has cloves stuck into the rind in my water along with a cinnamon stick. I have a hard time drinking enough water when the temperature drops because I don’t want to make myself more chilled but the warm spices from the cloves and cinnamon makes me feel so cozy. If you have another combo you love, drop it in the comments!
- Cucumber slices and mint leaves
- Strawberry slices and fresh basil
- Apple slices and a cinnamon stick
- Sliced lemon, mint leaves, shaved fresh ginger, and cucumber slices
- Orange wedges and mint leaves
- Grapefruit pieces and a rosemary sprig
- Cucumber slices, thyme sprig, and lime wedges
- Strawberry slices, lemon, and fresh mint
- Frozen mango chunks and peace slices
- Whole cloves stuck into orange slices, fresh ginger slices, and a cinnamon stick